|Thanks for your support, Wilt!|
As you undoubtedly know from My Favorite Season: TV, I am a sitcom buff. If such a thing exists. And if you watch sitcoms, you know they always hype the 100th episode, because that helps them reach syndication and ensures that the producers’ grandkids’ college is paid for. The episode is rarely as exciting as the buildup, yet I’m utilizing the same teaser strategy for this post.
So while thinking of a topic for this post, I remembered that I’ve been honored by not 1, not 2, but 3 bloggers with awards lately. Since very few bloggers get paid, many give each other awards as recognition for amazing writing or to avoid chain letter curses.
I recently received awards from 2 ladies, who rock my world every week with their humor, thoughtfulness and, most importantly, passion for snark.
The awesome Zannah from Write, Rinse, Repeat gave me the Kreative Blogger Award. (And yes, it’s ironically misspelled like that.) Zannah is a sweet Southerner who is very inspiring to me as a writer. Partially because she is like a younger, female Larry David who says the things everyone wants to say, but few ever do. And she’s very tan.
The amazing Sarcasm Goddess from For the Love of Writing presented me with the Very Inspirational Blogger Award. SG is a mystery wrapped in an enigma, coated in a layer of thick-cut bacon. She is a thought provoking writer about some serious stuff and also about how she hates playing kickball. She also loves bacon. A lot. Like most people like oxygen. I believe it is her edible muse.
So those two ladies, and someone else that I can’t remember or find the link to, gave me awards recently. I guess they think I’m a good writer or something. These things usually come with stipulations. They usually ask you to fill out some questions, list 10 random things about yourself and then select some other bloggers to receive the award to keep the chain letter ghosts from getting you. So I’ll do just that.
The questions, directly from Write, Rinse Repeat are:
1) What is your favorite song: Lately, The Weight by The Band. Though that could change in 5 minutes. It tells a great story in an eloquent way. And has a great chorus, too.
2) What’s your favorite desert? Probably Mojave. But if the question is intended to ask about my favorite dessert, as most people answer it, I’d go with Banana Cream Pie.
3) What do you do when you are upset? Depends on the cause. Usually, I honk my horn at the person who cut me off.
4) Which is your favorite pet? Sort of a trick question, as I’ve only really ever had one.
5) Which do you prefer, White or Whole Wheat? Whole Wheat is healthier, so I tend to lean in that direction. Not that I generally eat healthy otherwise.
6) What is your your biggest fear? That I’ll write a word twice in something tons of people will read, notice and laugh at me.
7) What is your attitude mostly? Sarcastic. Duh.
Here’s the point where I’m supposed to list 10 random things about myself. Wouldn’t you know it that I just did that for a post not too long ago? Check ‘em out here!
11 Bloggers who I think deserve awards:
Zannah listed 7 bloggers and Sarcasm Goddess listed 15, so I’m going right in the middle with 11. They are amazing writers and good friends. Even though I’ve never met them in real life. Their writing inspires me to become a better writer. They make me laugh and I think one almost brought me to tears. Once. Check ‘em out:
Louise at Raising Ivy
Delilah at Confessions of a Semi-Domesticated Mama
Kim at Mama Mzungu
Oren at A Blogger and a Father
Adrienne at The Mommy Mess
Kimberly at Sperk*
Jen at Kvetch Mom
Joe at Living in Kellie’s World
Tracy at Scribblesaurus Me
Wendy at LMAO with Wendy (Liebman)
Michelle at The Journey
To the winners, here’s what you need to do now:
1) Thank and Link back to the blog you awarded you (i.e. me)
2) Answer the 7 questions above
3) List 10 random facts about yourself
4) Pick 11 bloggers to pass one of the 2 awards listed above to
5) Buy me a new car (optional)
I could have listed 50 more, but here’s a sampling for you of some of my favorites. I hope you’ll check them out and tell them I said hello. They might even buy you a drink.
Thanks for checking out my first 100. Here’s to the next hundred (gasp)!